The Witch's Tower (tour des sorcières) is an old rampart tower dating from 1411 featuring a bulb-shaped tower (from 1628). It used to serve as a prison for the unfortunate victims accused of witchcraft.
Located at the Southern Entrance to La Route des Vins d'Alsace, it was renovated in 2013 for the 60th anniversary of the Route des Vins d'Alsace, and will open its doors with a newly redesigned space.
The place was transformed into a museum space to present the environmental conditions, such as soil and climate in which Alsace wines are grown (terroir) and the varying geological aspects of the vineyards.
A short film will tell you about the history of Thann and the riches of its heritage as well as the 170 km of La Route des Vins.
Accessible from June to September :
In June : Saturday from 2pm to 6pm, Sundays 12 and 26 June to 2pm to 5pm
July and August : Saturday from 2pm to 6pm and Monday from 2pm to 6pm
September : Saturday from 2pm to 6pm, Sundays 03 and 17 September to 2pm to 5pm
13 rue Anatole Jacquot – 68800 THANN
Thann-Cernay tourist office +333 89 37 96 20
see also :
- The Clog Gallery at Kruth
- Cottage craftworkers
- Wine cellar of Vieil Armand
- The François Schneider Foundation
- ceramic factory in Guewenheim
- Kelsch weaving in Sentheim
- The Thur Doller Alsace train
- The Wesserling Park
- Steinbach - Silberthal mines
- Storckensohn Oil Mill
- geology house Sentheim
- The Alsace wine route