Storckensohn mill was built in 1732 and now attracts many visitors every year. In this operational place used for both artisanal production and for conserving ancient knowledge, are regular demonstrations of traditional nut oil manufacturing. Thanks to the intervention of a group of volunteers, the mechanism was restored in 1991 with the assistance of the town and the owner of the site. Since then, nuts, apples, rapeseed and sunflowers have been pressed on the site for neighbouring residents.
April to October: demonstrations on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month, from 14:00 to 17:30 (exept Easter)
July and August: every day from 14:00 to 17:30 except Mondays and Tuesdays.
Groups: all year round by appointment (+33 (0)3 89 38 77 28).
20 Rue de la Mairie - 68470 STORCKENSOHN
+33 3 89 39 14 00
Adult (18 years and over) : €3.50
Child (10 - 18 years) : €1.70
Groups: (starting at 15 people) :
Adults from €3 per person
Child from €1.50 per person
see also :
- The Wesserling discovery trail
- South Gate to the Alsace Wine Route in Thann
- The Clog Gallery at Kruth
- Cottage craftworkers
- The François Schneider Foundation
- ceramic factory in Guewenheim
- The Thur Doller Alsace train
- The Wesserling Park
- Steinbach - Silberthal mines
- geology house Sentheim
- Kelsch weaving in Sentheim
- Oil factory and shop in Storckensohn